Deep Tissue Massage
During a deep tissue massage, the massage therapist uses firm pressure that is applied slowly and adjusted to your own individual comfort level. A variety of techniques are used to massage the deeper layers of muscle and fascia. Deep tissue massage techniques are used to release chronic muscle tension, treat repetitive strain or postural problems, for recovery from injury and to break up and eliminate scar tissue. The deep tissue massage treatment will usually be focused on specific areas of the body and can be 30, 60 or 90 minutes long.
- releases deeply-held patterns of tension
- removes toxins
- improves circulation & nutrition to the tissues
- relaxes and soothes muscles
- decreases and eliminates patterns of pain
- improves flexibility and ease of movement